Saturday 13 August 2011

Welcome to the New Season.


Welcome to the New Season.

It’s a new season. Did you hear that? I said it’s a new season. It’s a new premiership season but hey to me it doesn’t really feel that way. I believe perhaps I am the only one feeling this way but honestly it doesn’t feel like the new season has started. Why? Because for the very first time, I don’t feel confident neither am I looking forward to this season. For the very first time, I am trying to learn what faith in a human being is. Most times I say things like ‘Keep the Faith’, ‘In Arsene we trust’ but honestly this is not giving a good feeling at all.

We were promised major signings in the summer and well; Gervinho, Alex Chamberlain and Carl Jekinson have all arrived and guess who left or are leaving? Not just the 41 year old Jens Lehmann only but Clichy, Denilson, Eboue, Bendtner, Alumunia, Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, what should I say? Nothing but ‘well, lets see what happens’. Our first team is good enough maybe when all the players are fit and injury free but we know that hardly happens with Arsenal. I’m sorry I’m going into all these especially seeing that this was supposed to be a preview of our Newcastle game. Ok, I’m going to sound as positive as I can. We have Ryo Miyaichi, Aaron Ramsey, Frimpong, who else, yes Thomas Vermaelen who all look like new signings. Enough Sam!!!

We head to Newcastle and what a comical start of the season we have. It appears that the media, the fixtures, our fans and our opponents are all standing against Arsene and his boys. We are headed back to the stadium we ended a 4-0 half time lead at 4-4 with a referee who is (I’ll use a native tongue) onye iberibe. It’s time the boys prove their worth and stand up against the opposition coming from all corners. We love this team and we can only hope we will achieve something beautiful this year with or without the departing stars.

The team should pick itself but the notable absentees would be Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere meaning Ramsey, Rosicky and Gervinho should all start with the younger of our Polish keepers in goal. Van Persie and Vermaelen were all passed fit to play. I’ll predict a 2-0 away victory for us. I will watch from my home in south eastern Nigerian State of Abia today hoping for nothing but the very best. I’ll keep muttering it under my breath, In Arsene We Trust.

God bless Arsenal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment